“Autumn worked for my daughter as she struggles with anxiety and stress. After sessions with Autumn, my daughter exhibited a calmness that would stick with her for a good period of time. I am thrilled to have found a strategy for helping her cope with her innate stress and anxiety. I would highly recommend Autumn for pediatric massage!” – Dawn C.
Benefits of Pediatric Massage
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Helps reduce muscular tension
- Stimulates healthy circulation
- Helps a child feel nurtured
- May reduce anxiety and help with stress
- Helps a child ground her/his emotional experience
- Assists with balance and coordination
- May help reduce pain, heal injuries, and address physical challenges
- May improve quality and ease of sleep
Evidence-based benefits of massage for children include reduced stress, anxiety & depression, as well as decreased pain. Pediatric massage is gentle, child specific, and treatment plans are developed in close collaboration with parents.
Massage for kids helps children relax and heal from stress. Autumn works with children as young as 7 who are struggling with anxiety, in addition to helping children with physical pain or challenges. Massage offers calm for children’s sensitive nervous systems, allowing them to respond to stress and adapt to change with greater ease.
Autumn cares deeply about offering children and parents a calm, healing experience that honors who they are, and honors children’s need for space and ease. Gentle, skilled massage therapy is an avenue for children to return home to themselves: to their joy, their wonder, their softness of being.
Autumn has advanced certifications including:
- LMBT, Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist (NC License #: 3585)
- Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist
- M.A. Environmental Security and Peace, University for Peace, Costa Rica
- B.A. Peace and Conflict Studies & Sociology/Anthropology, Guilford College
- Professional member of the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals
“I liked the hot table, it helped me relax before the massage. I enjoyed the aromatherapy too, it was a nice touch, and that you give a choice of the oils to use. You were attentive to comfort zones. I think that’s always good. It’s nice how you got through the whole body, not just the back, and leave a couple minutes when you’re finished to relax.” – Chloe H., age 13
Original artwork, watercolor © Autumn Woodward 2015